RAS Opening Handbook for School Year 2020-2021
The COVID-19 pandemic presents the most serious public health crisis the world has experienced in generations. Looking forward to the 2020-21 school year and possibly beyond, RAS is resolved to do everything it can to reopen our campus because we believe doing so is in the best interest of our students. And yet, we recognize that RAS needs to find a pathway for reopening its campus safely with the health and wellbeing of our entire community in mind. This Roadmap for Reopening is guided by the assumption that a vaccine will not be widely available for 12-18 months, which means RAS needs to be able to respond quickly to circumstances in its own school community as well as to conditions in Morocco. Even as we plan to reopen our campus on September 7th, we know we may need to close them again with very little advance warning from the Moroccan authorities. This means RAS must be prepared to toggle between different learning models designed to fit a variety of circumstances and drivers.
This Roadmap is guided by six principles:
1. Act with fidelity to RAS’s Mission, Vision and Beliefs.
2. Prefer face-to-face learning over remote learning whenever it is safe to do so.
3. Prioritize student, faculty, and staff health, safety, and wellbeing over other principles.
4. Ensure health and safety related policies are research-based, clearly communicated, effectively implemented, and diligently enforced.
5. Promote practices and policies to mitigate the spread of Covid-19 and support our capacity to be responsive and agile when facing changing health circumstances.
6. Follow all protocols set out by the Moroccan authorities and, whenever possible, draw on best practices from international schools around the world to strengthen these protocols.
The announcement stated that all schools were to open virtually and offer parents the option to send their children to an on-campus program. It is our belief that most RAS parents will be opting for an on campus program while some will prefer that their children follow an off-campus (virtual) program. RAS is therefore opening with on-campus instruction. Knowing that some families will opt for a virtual option, we have also put plans in place to allow for that.
Please click on SY 2020-2021 RAS Opening Handbook, it includes: RAS Guiding Principles, Learning Models (on campus learning program and off-campus learning program), Health and Safety, Responding to a Confirmed and/or Suspected Cases within our Community Case of Covid-19, RAS Community Pledge for COVID-19 Mitigation and the Moroccan Ministry of Education -Enrollment Agreement.