Teaching & Learning
At RAS, our goal is to recognize and respond to the unique needs of secondary students. We seek to do this by:
• Cultivating the spirit of discovery through inquiry-based instruction that encourages deep understanding across a broad and balanced academic and activities program.
• Providing a learning environment in which students explore, question, evaluate, and analyze information and ideas through active participation and collaboration.
• Presenting a challenging program of instruction leading to an American High School Diploma, with the additional option of earning the International Baccalaureate Diploma.
• Recognizing how the student's developmental phase - early, mid - and late adolescence - impacts their learning.
• Promoting the desire to learn, the awareness that learning is a lifelong process, and the recognition that there is a wide variety of resources for learning.
• Encouraging a spirit of community among students, parents and faculty that fosters commitment to service, concern and respect for the environment and the celebration of cultural diversity.
• Encouraging students to develop an awareness and understanding of both local and global issues and prepare for their roles as responsible citizens both in Morocco and beyond.
• Helping students develop the capacity to live as independent, self-motivated adults by encouraging self-discipline and independent work habits and providing opportunities for increasing responsibility.
• Ensuring that the school environment provides for the emotional, social, aesthetic and physical development of our students.
For more information about the Secondary School, please review the Student Parent Handbook for the 2022-2023 school year.