Teaching and Learning
At RAS, our goal is to recognize and respond to the unique needs of secondary students. We seek to do this by:
• Cultivating the spirit of discovery through inquiry-based instruction that encourages deep understanding across a broad and balanced academic and activities program.
• Providing a learning environment in which students explore, question, evaluate, and analyze information and ideas through active participation and collaboration.
• Presenting a challenging program of instruction leading to an American High School Diploma, with the additional option of earning the International Baccalaureate Diploma.
• Recognizing how the student's developmental phase - early, mid - and late adolescence - impacts their learning.
• Promoting the desire to learn, the awareness that learning is a lifelong process, and the recognition that there is a wide variety of resources for learning.
• Encouraging a spirit of community among students, parents and faculty that fosters commitment to service, concern and respect for the environment and the celebration of cultural diversity.
• Encouraging students to develop an awareness and understanding of both local and global issues and prepare for their roles as responsible citizens both in Morocco and beyond.
• Helping students develop the capacity to live as independent, self-motivated adults by encouraging self-discipline and independent work habits and providing opportunities for increasing responsibility.
• Ensuring that the school environment provides for the emotional, social, aesthetic and physical development of our students.