The Rabat American School Athletic Program supports the mission and beliefs of RAS.
The co-curricular program offers athletic opportunities for the students of RAS outside of regular curricular programs. However, the two programs are closely related and work to support each other.
To mitigate the possible spread of COVID-19, we have suspended all athletic team activities. We are awaiting guidance from the Moroccan authorities and will move forward once we know what will be allowed this year and what the other schools in our leagues will be doing regarding formal competition for school year 2020-21. Look for our Athletic Director to communicate more details when we know more.
GOALS OF RAS ATHLETICS:
• Encourage intercultural co-operation
• Develop a sense of fair play
• Understand principals of group participation and individual responsibility
• Develop a sense of control and discipline
• Understand the importance of participation to the best of one's abilities
• Broaden horizons through travel
• Encourages positive social interaction
• Define and demonstrate the highest levels of sportsmanship at all times
THE ATHLETIC PROGRAM CONSISTS OF:
• School team and individual practices and competitions for boys and girls of all ages within the secondary school
• Genders will be presented with equal opportunity for participation
• Typical programs on offer are volleyball, basketball, soccer swimming, track & field, badminton subject to necessary minimum enrollment numbers.
• Programs typically run in seasons of 8-10 weeks but may be shorter or longer as logistics demand.
• There will be two practices per week and teams will be offered as many practice games as possible
• Tournaments will often happen as a culmination of the season, a tournament with host country schools and the possibility of an international schools' tournament