RAS teachers are fully committed to our vision, mission and beliefs about learning and inspiration.
Nature of Work:
They teach the whole child, understanding that academic success is inextricably interwoven with healthy social and personal development. Our teachers typically come to us as seasoned practitioners. These people are true colleagues among their peers, working tirelessly with them for the success of all students, and using inclusion models to meet their varied linguistic (EAL), interpersonal and academic needs. RAS teachers engender excellent relationships with all constituents, they are inspiring in their practice, and they are open to continuously improving their pedagogy. They also subscribe to the belief that technology is a tool which should be effectively integrated into classroom practice.
Immediate Opening - current school year 2019-2020:
EAL Secondary Position (Long Term Substitute / Maternity Leave Coverage) / Start Date: February 17, 2020
All applicants should apply directly to Director Sean Goudie (email@example.com) or Ted Fuller (firstname.lastname@example.org) by emailing a CV and letter of interest. Application deadline January 24th, 2020. Qualifications: Bachelor of Education/Certification is a plus.
EAL Course Description
English as an Additional Language (EAL) program at the Rabat American School follows an immersion, individual and small group pull-out model. Through these models, EAL students are supported with full and equal access to the mainstream curriculum alongside their English-speaking peers while also learning English grammar, vocabulary, mechanics and structures in context. The aim of the EAL program is to meet the needs of the individual student, whilst also supporting them to become independent, critical thinkers in English for future academic success.
Job Description: Secondary EAL Teacher
• to design and deliver language acquisition courses to Direct Instruction classes consisting of English language learners at WIDA proficiency levels 2-5 using skill-based instruction as a means of supporting academic language development.
• teach a balanced programme of work that is consistent with WIDA can-do descriptors and RAS curriculum plans and expectations.
• work collaboratively with classroom teachers to improve the English language proficiency of bilingual students (co-planning and co-teaching)
• monitor students' progress and keep accurate records of children's achievements to enable effective reporting of student development and achievement to parents and classroom teachers.
• provide EAL students with regular feedback and ensure they regularly respond to feedback and reflect on their own progress.
• assist in conducting individual and group assessments using the WIDA assessment tools.
• develop and update EAL learner profiles (detailing linguistic, cultural and experiential assets of each learner).
• attend parent-teacher conferences.
Openings for school year 2020-2021:
Thank you for your interest in applying for a teaching position at Rabat American School. Openings for the 2020-21 school year are posted with Search Associates. Below you will find the listing of current openings and the direct links to apply.
Rabat American School offers attractive salaries and a full range of faculty benefits including:
• Professional Development Allowance
• Major Medical Insurance – Seven Corners
• Local Health Insurance
• Life insurance
• Disability Insurance (50% co-pay)
• Retirement allowance – 5% of salary
• Transportation at beginning and end of two year contract(s) (overseas recruited faculty only)
• Housing allowance (overseas recruited faculty only)
• Settling in allowance (overseas recruited faculty only)
• Resettlement allowance upon completion of final contract (overseas recruited faculty only)
• Loans for automobile purchase
RAS’s principal recruitment strategy for 2019-20 involves the use of Search Associates and UNI. Both permit recruiters access to confidential references and also to seasonal recruitment fairs where a large number of candidates can be met and interviewed face to face. While we will accept direct applications via our website, preference for overseas recruited hire positions will be given to candidates registered with the either Search Associates or UNI.
If you see an opening that fits your qualifications, experience and interests, please use the corresponding “APLi Now” button below.