The Rabat American School (RAS) strongly believes in safeguarding the wellbeing of its community. To that end, our school invests significant resources in protecting the privacy of our staff, parents and students. In order to ensure that we achieve this aim, we have adopted the following policy in line with international privacy standards. The Data Protection Officer at RAS is Jason Faulkenberry, the Director of Educational Technology.
1. RAS will make these policies publicly accessible, and will make every reasonable effort to ensure that all personal information is accurate and protected. This includes the storing of all personal information only in password-protected databases.
2. Personal information of students, parents and staff of RAS is stored within Eduprize.
3. All staff, parents, students and alumni agree upon initiating their relationship with RAS that the School shall keep their personal information on file in Eduprize for the duration of their time as members of the School community as a matter of academic record, evidence of services rendered and/or as evidence of employment. Data retention after this period of time is explained in detail in the RAS Privacy Notice which can be found on Eduprize.
4. In line with the US Department of Education’s Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), RAS will not disclose the personal information of a student to third parties without the consent of the student’s parent. Personal information of an alumnus or alumna will not be disclosed to third parties without the consent of that alumnus or alumna. This excludes non-identifiable disclosure of academic records for the purposes of accreditation, academic research, statistical analysis, and disclosure under subpoena by Moroccan law. As indicated in the RAS enrollment documents, RAS reserves the right to use photographs and other visual media containing the images of RAS parents, students and alumni in online and print media. In such cases the school will not post the names of students or alumni who have yet to reach the age of 18 with that media, unless permission is granted from parents, to preserve their privacy.
a. Instances of online media include, but are not limited to, the RAS website, social media channels such as Facebook, news sites that publish RAS press releases, and third parties which have been granted permission by RAS for the purposes of promotion of education-related content.
b. Instances of print media include, but are not limited to, school brochures and flyers, the school magazine, advertisements, newspapers and magazines that publish RAS press releases, and third parties which have been granted permission by RAS for the purposes of promotion of education-related content. https://www.ras.ma/editoruploads/files/1_Media_Permission_Policy_and_Consent_Form.pdf
c. In cases in which published media, whether in online or print form, utilizes extensive interviews with students, further consent will be sought from the parents of those students.
5. As a not-for-profit school that provides educational services within Morocco, RAS abides by the Commission Nationale de Contrôle de la Protection des Données à Caractère Personnel (CNDP) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as a basis for best practice that guides the work of the school. Please see the Data Protection Officer for more information.
RAS PRIVACY NOTICE: