Step 1: Online Application & Documents
Before you start the Online Application, review the checklist for supporting documents to upload:
Step 2: Application Fee Payment
To process the RAS Application for Admission, a non-refundable fee must be submitted with each new application. This fee does not apply to tuition. The application fee is $400 in US Dollars or 4,052 in Moroccan Dirhams.
Step 3: Language Survey & Recommendations
1. Language Survey - Parents, please complete the RAS Language Survey. The responses will be shared with the English Language Department for all applicants to determine if English language support will be needed.
2. Elementary Applicants Pre-K — Grade 5 - Parents, please download and complete Part One of the form below and submit it to your child's school so a teacher, counselor or principal can complete Part Two, endorse it with school stamps and send it directly to the Admissions Office.
- Confidential School Recommendation for Pre K — Kindergarten Applicants
- Confidential School Recommendation for Grades 1 – 5 Applicants
3. Secondary Applicants Grades 6 — 12. Parents, please download and submit to the Math Teacher, the English Teacher and to the Administration (Principal or Counselor) the confidential recommendations to complete, sign, endorse with school stamps and send directly to the Admissions Office.
Step 4: Review & Decision
RAS admission and grade placement will ONLY be finalized after the review of the complete application, evaluation of school reports, confidential recommendations from previous schools, application fee payment, admission assessments (when applicable) and parent/learner interviews.
The school has a set of admission assessments for each age group that will guide the admissions team to determine whether the school can meet the applicant’s needs, and, if so, the grade or program in which he or she should be placed.
Please consult the following admissions guidelines:
The objective of RAS is to provide education in English following an American educational philosophy, particularly to students who have no national schooling option in Rabat. Applicants meeting the academic, behavioral and linguistic standards of RAS will be admitted in the following order:
1. Official U.S. dependents whose parents or guardians are employed by or under contract with the U.S. Government.
2. Dependents of other U.S. Citizens.
3. Dependents of officials employed by third country diplomatic corps, U.N., European Union or similar organizations.
4. Dependents of other third country nationals who meet the language requirement and/or have previously been enrolled in an English-language based program.
5. Host country nationals who have previously been enrolled in an English-language based program.
6. Other students who have a need, and have the capacity and desire for this form of education.
Rabat American School Admission is conditional for one school year, after which the student’s progress and the school’s ability to meet his/her needs will be reviewed.